To help add more fruits and vegetables into your daily clean diet, make a list of your top 10 favorite fruits and vegetables. It's okay if there are more veggies on your list than fruits, but try to have at least 5 veggies on your list. The brighter the colors of the fruits & veggies, the better (more nutritious and fortified)!
Once you've made your Top 10 Favorite (or for some of you, at least a list of 10 fruits & veggies you are willing to eat), identify ways to incorporate 2 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruits into your day of eating:
- Breakfast Smoothie - add greens, fruits, veggies
- Breakfast Toast - Add Avocado to 100% Whole Wheat or 100% Whole Grain Toast
- Breakfast Eggs - Add side of veggies or make an omelet filled with veggies or a side of fruit
- Snacks - pack raw veggies and fruit for work/school and on the go in the car and when traveling
- Lunch & Dinner - pick from your Top 10 List to incorporate into every lunch and dinner
Have fun with seeing how much variety you can add and with the new fruits and veggies you are willing to try. And, remember yesterday's tip to Spice It Up - Cinnamon is delicious on fruits and Turmeric, Red Cayenne Pepper, Lemon Pepper Garlic Powder and Nutritional Yeast are a yummy addition on veggies. Keep your Top 10 List Handy when meal planning for the week and grocery shopping to help stay on track!