If you've tried any of my recipes, you've noticed how much I love Avocados and trying the many different ways to incorporate this creamy, deliciously filling fruit (because it has a seed, it's considered a fruit) in my regular meals.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons to Try (Practice) Adding Avocados to your diet:
1. More Than Guacamole! Not just for guacamole, although one of my favorite dips, avocados pair well as a side of healthy fats to almost any dish and can be used as a salad or sandwich topping, added to smoothies or smeared on your protein.
2. Nutrient Rich - Avocados rich in many nutrients including Vitamin K (26% RDA), Folate (20%RDA), Vitamin C (17% RDA), Potassium (14% RDA), Vitamin B5 & B6 (14% & 13% RDA), Vitamin E (10%).
3. Healthy Fats - With each meal, it is ideal that we consume a dose of healthy fats along with our protein and healthy (non-starchy) carb combo. Adding a smear or side of Avocado slices is an excellent and filling way to eat a well-balanced meal.
4. Feel Full Longer - Due to their nutrient rich density and healthy fat component, Avocados make us feel fuller longer to help stave off weight gain.
5. Fiber - 7 of the 9 grams of carbs contained in an avocado are fiber (so only 2 "net" carbs). Fiber helps keep us cleaned out and leaned out and makes us feel fuller longer.
*Storage Tip - To prevent browning of the inside of an avocado (due to oxidation), simply store a cut avocado in a plastic bag in the refrigerator!
Cheers to practicing your healthy habits and trying something new to practice as part of creating a LIFESTYLE of Health and Wellness!